Monday 3 October 2011

Body Scare Spa!

Hey!! My first post! And it had to be about a horrendous experience I had!!

I found a deal on one of the numerous deal sites promising me a host of treatments/services for just Rs. 500!! Woohoo what could be more reasonable?!?! I thought, wrongly of course! The deal was for Body Care Spa, Lajpat Nagar II, N. Delhi, offering hair spa, manicure, pedicure, threading, facial, shampoo, haircut and blowdry. All this in Rs. 500!! Too good to be true, I should have known!!

Super excited, my best friend and I headed to the "SPA" after finally managing to get an appointment. I walked in and was kind of disappointed, but decided to not pass such quick judgements. We were told to wait for 2 minutes, and after 15 minutes, these 2 minutes had still not passed on their watches! We waited, and after waiting some more, started with the hair spa. The guy almost pulled out my friend's hair and i saw a troubled (physically and mentally) look on her face :-(  Aww....we had expected to have so much fun!! A bit disappointed, we decided to give the other treatments a chance (which we were going to regret in the next 10 minutes)...

The facials came next.....average at best! And a bit annoying too coz even after being told not to touch the eye area repeatedly, the woman rubbed the scrub/cream over the eyes, resulting in our vision getting blurred! Yeah, that actually happened! At one point, I was scared of losing my sight!!! 

The manicure and pedicure: absolutely the worst ever in the history of the world!!! Both were over in 10 minutes flat, with the woman using as much pressure as you would on a new born baby (or maybe the babies are given much better massages.... sigh) and the most shocking: the women used the same scrubbing brush for the hands and the feet (yuucckk!!). Now could it possibly get any dirtier??? Well, unfortunately, YES! So I had to get my hair rinsed with water, and the guy brought a towel to cover my back/shoulders...and guess what, it was wet! When I asked him why it's wet and who's it is, he said "Shaayd se aap ka hi hoga" (Maybe it's yours). Unbelievable man!! I was shocked beyond words! After fighting the urge to get the bloody hell out of there with my hair messed up, I told him to get a fresh pair to towels. Another wait ensued....5, 10, 15 minutes, no towel in sight. Finally he showed up with a dry towel (whether it was clean is questionable) and well, rinsed my hair. 

We were way beyond disgusted by this time and decided to not get any more damage done to ourselves. Our final words there were "Lets run!!" Literally. 

Now, next day, our hair is messed up and skin is not very nice but at least our eye sight is back to normal :D :D 

So guys, beware! Don't get fooled by the seemingly good deal. 

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PLACE!!! Instead, go buy yourself some yummy dessert with that money :-) 

P.S. If you still decide to go to this "spa", please carry your own towels. Coz these guys will use one towel for hair, facial, manicure...and whatever else they can get away with! Oh I almost forgot, on asking for some cotton, I was given a piece of cotton the size of my finger nail (or was it smaller???) :S


3 comments:

  1. Adv. Sneh Jatyan4 October 2011 at 17:05

    awsome gal...so wen u goin next dere :p lol...
    story i knew it all but the way u presented it..grt job...vakalat nahi chali to m sure u can try ya hand in writing too ;) lol...m impressed nt from da spa-deal :p lol..from ur writing skills...keep it up..cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u very much Adv. Sneh :)Im getting kinda bored of vakalat anyway, so this seems like another option ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well written account of our adventure :P

    ReplyDelete