Tuesday 18 October 2011

An !dea can change your life.

Well, yeah, like the title says, an idea can change your life. But this change isn't always positive, specially if the idea you are referring to is !dea, cellular service providers. Their tagline should be something like "This idea can ruin your life!!" This post has actually been long overdue. I think of writing about how sucky the Idea services are almost every time I pick up my phone to talk to someone. I started using Idea in college coz its call rates seemed cheaper than others at that time and didn't change the number coz too many people had this number (Not that I am the Prime Minister of India and something so urgent will come up & then people won't be able to locate me if I change my number, but I, like most of us, thought that it is more convenient to stick to the same number!) Now mobile number portability is here but I think some of us are just lazy and also, its a pain to go another operator and submit docs, n wait for hours, and deal with the so called "customer care" execs who are hell bent on selling some stupid service to u!!

Coming back to Idea, the service is terrible!! The call gets disconnected and goes blank so frequently that u don't even remember what it is you were talking about!! (& this is for people with awesome memory - like the girlfriends who during a fight remember something that happened 10 months ago!) And this happens as soon as a new minute begins, so they make some extra money too! Then they cut your balance for some foolish service like bollywood masala/love quotes/some nonsense that u did NOT request for! (and obviously u never  see that $$ again.) Then they will send idiotic msgs like 'when and how will u meet your soulmate?' about 100 times a day!! You fools, how am I supposed to find my soulmate if I spend all my time reading n deleting your dumb messages??!?!?  Even more annoying than all this is calling up customer care - you will get to talk to someone if you are lucky, and get your problem solved only if you have some magic powers. And if you have a lot of patience!!! I guess they hire people and then teach them to annoy you intentionally just so that you bang the phone out of irritation or sheer lack of ability to tolerate nonsense and let some stupid service (such as love shayari, ladki patao tips, bollywood dhamal - who comes up with these corny names anyway?) continue to prevent tearing all your hair out.

My phone has an option of blocking calls from certain numbers and the list if full of Idea numbers from which they call to make you hear songs, have girls talking seductively- reaallyyy trashy, offer some random useless service etc.) Thank God for such inventions! Maybe it was the result of bugging telemarketing calls.

And the amount of advertising they do (their advertising team seems to be the only good thing going for them coz as trashy as their services might be, their ads are actually pretty creative and terrific!)....if only they spent all that money on improving their services, this much advertising wouldn't even be required!!

Try, try, try to get through to the other line till you run of out patience and give up on the idea of talking to whoever it is you were trying to call. I think these service providers are the ones responsible for making us more and more asocial each day.....What do you say?

P.S. I just got a call from them telling me about some special chat service on September 29th. Guys, at least check the dates before calling!! Or maybe we r the ones who are stupid, it must have been for the coming year!! :D :D 

1 comment:

  1. god bless ur soul gal..somthing or the other keep bugging u now a days :( ..dese customer care executives from whichever service provider de r need nice scolding only den de help u ..its India ma dear..evrybody needs a lil shout..lol..next time pass da phone 2 me...lol ;)

    ReplyDelete