Monday 19 December 2011

It's Greek to Me - Great food, Nice decor, Value for money :-)

I recently visited 'It's Greek to Me' for dinner, and as expected, I loved the food! My parents had visited it a couple of times and recommended it to me and I gotta say, it was a really good recommendation!! The chefs have been trained by Greek chefs and serve authentic mediterranean cuisine.
Here's what we ordered:
The veg mezze platter
The non-veg mezze platter
Santorini fish fingers
Non-veg greek pita pizza
Spinach and ricatto ravioli
Domatosoupa Me Zimariko (Greek tomato soup with noodles)

The platters were fantastic, very tasty and enough for two people!! The platters come with three dips - hummus, tzatziki and eggplant dip, all of which were delicious and we ordered extra dips. The dips go very well with the pita bread which is tasty yet light. The fish fingers were grilled, not fried, so they were a healthy option and tasted delicious. The pizza was quite different from the usual dominos-type pizzas we usually eat, came in four pieces stacked beautifully on top of each other and tasted pretty good!

For drinks, I ordered a virgin mojito. Simple drink, but made really well! Loved it.

Coming to the desserts, we ordered their special home made fig ice-cream, baklava, greek walnut pie and the blueberry cheesecake (yeah, I know what you must be thinking - that's a lot of desserts!!) While all the desserts were excellent, the baklava and the cheesecake were to die for!! I thought fig ice-cream would be kinda strange, but ordered it on my dad's insistence and was pleasantly surprised! Different but good. But the star was the blueberry cheesecake (baked) which was absolutely the best cheesecake that I have ever had!! (I will go back just for the cheesecake :-) ) We actually ordered another piece because it was so good!! Definitely a must try!!

Cuisine: Mediterranean
Location: Commercial Complex, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi
Cost (excluding taxes): Approx. Rs. 1500 for two (without alcohol)
My overall experience rates: 4/5
(If you are interested only in good food and don't really care about the ambiance: 4/5
 If you are interested  in the ambiance as much as the food: 3/5 for the ground and first floor, and 4/5 for the Santorini lounge on the second floor.
If you care about the service as much as the food, which most of you would: 3.5/5 )

The restaurant is slightly on the expensive side, but the amazing food makes it value for money. Highly recommended!!
ENJOY!

P.S. You will enjoy the food and the place whether you are 25 or 65! I was so surprised when my grandparents liked the food as much as I did! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Dear Surinder.... must say I am a bit confused with your comment! Would appreciate an explanation :)
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete